Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Could Have Danced All Night

Dear Blog,

I apologize for my absence these past two weeks, but I have some great news: I am moving to the Czech Republic in July!

I am going to teach English and, with luck, eventually teach Film Studies classes as well. I will never work customer service again. I am honestly still in shock. After being unhappy for so long, it's taken a couple of weeks to fully wrap my head around the fact that, in just a few short months, I will get everything I ever wanted. I will work shorter hours, make more money and see the places and things I've only dreamed about until now. I will write the book I've wanted to write for three years. I will get to take my dog to work with me. I will go thrifting in Paris on a holiday. I will have a whirlpool bathtub. I will be happy.

But that's still a few months away and there's a lot of crap to muddle through until then. I've already sold all of my many beloved blu-rays and DVDs to pay for the initial steps. I'm working on selling everything else. It's kind of tough to move two people and a dog to another country on a Cashier's salary, but we're going to make it happen. I was so excited the first week I found out that I barely slept two hours a night. Eliza hit the emotional nail on the head:


I will be happy! For the first time in my adult life, I will be giddy, enthused and obnoxiously gleeful. I can already feel the weight of depression lifting off my shoulders. It's so nice to feel light again. 

I will try to document my journey and relate it all to the glorious world of cinema on this here blog in the coming months. I promise to write as often as I can. Thanks for sticking by me.

XOXO,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment